Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Flag Cake

After 10 days of my husband being a US citizen.. I finally made him a cake. I know Im super delayed on these posts. We were in michigan visiting some friends and honestly I really havent had time for this blog.. Sorry to all my stalkers.. he he...

For the cake, i decided to make a pumpkin flavor. I really love Cream cheese frosting. And what goes better with cream cheese frosting than Pumpkin flavored cake???? I used the same recipe I do for pumpkin rolls. The cake is a 2 layer with cream cheese in the center.

I found a picture of this cake in a Ina Garten cookbook. Shes definitely my fav Food network star~! Her dishes are soooo good. And they are things that normal people eat. Not those crazy meals that five star restaurants serve, and noone really knows what it is. Ive made Granola bars from her recipes and they were So good. I made this cake, and the lemon bread was from her too! I borrowed the book from the library and was really impressed.




       Bake 2 sheet cakes. Slice off the top to make it even...

layer on some cream cheese frosting.... Set the second cake ontop and try to make sure its on even.


Cover the cake with cream cheese frosting. ... Start the design with fresh raspberries and blueberries



VOILA~! Happy Citizenship to my Hubby~!!!


For the cakes:


4 cups cake flour (not self-rising), sifted

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 Tablespoon ground ginger

1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

¼ teaspoon ground cloves

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature

2½ cups packed light-brown sugar

4 large eggs

1 cup buttermilk

1½ cups canned pumpkin (not pie filling)



For the Cream Cheese Frosting:

12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature

1 pound (4 cups) confectioners’ sugar, sifted

¾ teaspoon vanilla extract

No comments:

Post a Comment