Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Greek Chicken Pita... YUMMO! *grilled peaches*


Tonight's dinner is Greek Chicken on pitas with lettuce and tomatoes and a side of home made ranch. I have been looking forward to this meal all day! I absolutely love this and could eat it every day.
I started out with Chicken breast, lemon juice, yogurt, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and a Ziploc bag.






I mixed everything together and put it in the Ziploc bag and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. I suggest letting it marinate over night. This time i put the chicken breast in whole to marinate. Normally if i wasn't in a hurry i would've cut the chicken into strips and then marinated.



After about 6 hours i turned the grill on and cooked the chicken. I prefer to use the broiler on my stove but the smoke detector and i already got into it once this week. Therefore the grill was my optimal choice.






After letting the meat rest for a few minutes, i cut into it and OMG was it juicy! I always heat my pitas before I load it with veggies. I like black olives and home made ranch so i put that on it along with the tomatoes and lettuce. I also like Feta cheese on it. But I'm out!






While i was grilling chicken I looked over my shoulder and saw peaches that i just got from my parents. They weren't ripe on Sunday when i got them, so i brought the peaches home and placed them in a brown paper lunch bag. On Monday i tried one and it was ready to eat! So tonight, because the grill was already on i decided to grill peaches for dessert. All i have to say is OMG they are the most amazing thing. It reminds you of a hot peach pie straight from the oven!!

I cut two peaches in half, took the seed out and placed the peaches on the grill flesh side down. After a few minutes i turned the peaches to get pretty grill marks. Then sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on top.. closed the grill and let the sugar melt and start to bubble. When I took the first bite i was in peach heaven! This is a MUST TRY!!!!!!!







Printer Friendly Version

Greek Chicken Pita

1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Cup Non flavored Yogurt
2 chicken breasts sliced into strips
Romaine or iceberg lettuce *you can use any type your heart desires :)*
Tomatoes


Mix oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice and yogurt together. Place Chicken in a Ziploc bag and add yogurt mixture. Seal tightly and squish the bag a bit to make sure the chicken is completely covered in yogurty goodness.

I recommend letting this marinate over night. If this is not possible then at least 6 hours.

Grill, pan fry, broil, bake the chicken.. I like to grill it or broil. Once chicken is cooked thoroughly prepare the pita with all the toppings you like and add chicken. The next step is super easy... DEVOUR it~!!!

I like tzatziki sauce with my pita but i haven't found a recipe i love yet. So i settle for home made ranch and feta cheese!

2 comments:

  1. You should try the tzatziki that I posted the other day. It was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will try it! i tried a few recipes and hated all of them. My favorite tzatziki is the one from nicks gyros! YUM! i could eat it with a spoon!

    ReplyDelete