Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 13 - $0

I'm a few days late posting. I got off track.... so enjoy my small posts of random thoughts. They all started out as blog postings, then i saved them as drafts.. and i just decided i wasn't going anywhere with them so I posted it. Lol..

I haven't been baking lately, because i am out of like everything. I'm out of eggs, baking soda, baking powder, sugar is getting low, chocolate chips, and heavy cream. Therefore I will post a recipe that i have made in the past. Minus the picture.. Sorry guys... This is one of my favorite quick dessert recipes.

It uses a box of devils food cake mix. Any brand will do. I love making other things out of cake mixes.
You can also add oreos to this. I broke oreos in half and stuck them in the brownie mix before baking. It makes it easier to cut the brownies into squares also.   (sameera, this recipe is for you!)




Printer Friendly Version

Brownies  with caramel

1 package German Chocolate Cake Mix
3/4 cup melted butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
1 cup chocolate chips
Caramel sauce

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
2. Combine cake mix, melted butter, and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Mix well and pour 1/2 the batter into the pan.  Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven.
3. Pour caramel sauce in a thin layer over the brownies.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the caramel. Top with spoonfuls of remaining batter and carefully spread to cover caramel. If including oreos, break the oreos in half and stick them flat side down into the batter.
Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool at least half an hour before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment