Tuesday, June 29, 2010

~*Pineapple Strawberry Cupcakes*~

These cupcakes were made especially for my husbands co-workers.
Hopefully a few of them will visit this site to see what flavors the frosting!

Pineapple Cupcake with Strawberry Filling

I used a box cake mix for this.. i know i know... i cheated. before the cupcakes were placed in the oven i piped in strawberry filling. YUMM!
I HATE butter cream frosting and anything too sweet.
Therefore i made a cream cheese frosting with a special ingredient
To make the frosting Pink i used.....
.....
....
..
.
Strawberry Nesquik powder!!
 I wanted to flavor the frosting but i didn't want to use food coloring and experiment with the
oils that i have. It turned out really good i think!

Leave me comments if you tried these ,
i would love to know if this is something i should make again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrystal, Jerry sent me pictures of the cupcakes, and now that I see the recipe, I am tempted to try it... I'm just a beginner at baking, so cake mix is a relief for me ;)... I'm so happy you started this blog.. do share your baking recipes.. I'll let you know when I try something.. Love, Sameera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will share baking recipes just for you! I can show you some really cool stuff you can do with cake mix.. I'll make some brownies tomorrow out of regular cake mix so you can see! Its SUPER easy! Glad to see your following the blog!! If you become a follower it will update you when i post a new blog!

    ReplyDelete