Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tomorrow starts DAY 1 of NO spend month!!

I'm getting super excited about starting the month of no spending! The only thing i realized today as i was looking through the cabinet is...... i only have 1 bag of coffee left! So if i am a bit cranky by the end of the month, bare with me! I might have to drink the million types of tea that i have bought over the last few years!

When i first discovered the no spend month i decided i wanted to do try it. But i wanted to make my no spend month a little more challenging. I am home with the kids all day, therefore not buying things is easy. I just don't leave the house!

I decided to make a list of things to get done during the month of July. Here is my list... (If the item is for Jerry it will have a ** by it!)


Fix the broken water pipe in the extra shower **
Clean out my cooking closet
Finish the blankets that i started making
clean my desk and keep it that way
Convert the upstairs BIG room to Jerry's Office **
Pick up all floor mats in kids room, wash and mop floor
Fix the flower beds outside **
Get items together for a garage sale
Paint small bathroom
Put shelves in closet for blanket storage**
Plant grass in flower bed**
(like how i made all Jerry's chores BOLD?? hopefully he will read this lol)


I wanted to put a star next to the floor mat chore, but i figure it will just end up me yelling at Jerry telling him hes doing it wrong. So, i should just do it myself!

I still plan on baking for my husbands work. Don't worry guys, you will still get lots of desserts throughout the month. In fact, I'm planning on baking at least once a week to help empty my cabinets and freezers! If the desserts include green beans, or pretzel sticks... don't blame me! I'm doing the best i can with what i have lol

2 comments:

  1. Good going about the no-spend thing. But totally unfair that everyone gets to eat all those yummy goodies but ME. And don't ask me to come over there for that cause if I could I would :p
    Best of luck babe :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks pooja! If i knew exactly how long it would take to mail something to you, i would ship you something that could make the trip!! You just let me know when your near, and i'll turn the oven on and bake anything you want!!

    ReplyDelete