Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins

Blueberry muffins are comfort food for me. Growing up on school mornings and weekends my mom would make blueberry muffins and they were always hot and fresh when we got up. Its such a great memory of my childhood. As my husband and I were talking tonight I realized that my mom never made home made muffins. They were always store bought. But I still love those kind. You know the ones that have the blueberries in the can? So yummy.
I have been on a quest to find a good blueberry muffin recipe so my children dont grow up to tell everyone they only like the blueberry muffins that come out of a box. And i think I might have found a winner!!
My husband didnt like these because he said the blueberries were too "sour"... so sorry hun.. they weren't packed in a sugary syrup!

Anyways... I thought these muffins were delectable. I ate one whole one by myself which is very rare. I NEVER eat sweets anymore. And if I do it is only a quick taste.  Please try this recipe and let me know.





Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
1/4tsp salt
2 1/ 2 tsp baking bowder
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup blueberries


Stir flour, salt, baking powder. In another bowl mix oil, vanilla, egg, milk and sour cream.
Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir. Fold in blueberries.
Portion into 12 muffin tins. Make sure you grease the muffin tins!!! If desired
use streusel topping.

Streusel Topping
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp butter
mix together and crumble the butter into small pieces. Sprinkle on top of batter and bake

Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes
makes 12 muffins



(i used frozen blueberries if i have them. fresh work well too!)
always double this recipe unless your cooking for one person. You will run out!

No comments:

Post a Comment