Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So it's been awhile...

So sorry for all of you followers or gawkers, or whatever you like to call yourself these days.. I guess creeper could be a good name as well lol.. August is a crazy month for me. My big 5 yr wedding anniversary is this friday!! Friday the 13th!!! And we have a wedding next weekend and the following week I am taking the kids to michigan. Craziness!

I started making Lemoncello about a week ago.. It involves peeling 40 lemons. Putting them in an air tight container and adding  2 bottles of vodka!! Then you let it sit for 2 weeks and take the lemon peels out and add sugar water and 2 more bottles of vodka. Im pretty excited about this. I've only opened the container ONE time to smell it. And its heavenly!

My goal was to sit down and relax after the kids go to bed and just blog for a while and maybe stumble for a little while after that. But my nightly routine is anything but relaxing. Im not complaining at all. I love my evenings..

Here is a run down of what goes on at my house from 5pm until i go to bed....
I make dinner, feed the kids, clean up from dinner and about this time my husband is getting home from work. I make him food, or a plate of what the kids ate, sit and talk for a few minutes, bathe kids, pick up the house and try to collect toys to put back into their room. Then i get the kids a snack and get them ready for bed. After the kids are in bed I do dishes, make my husbands breakfast and lunch for the following day, make coffee for iced coffee and then bake for my husbands work. I dont bake every night. But tonight in a two hour span i made chocolate muffins, eggs, bacon, toast, marinated chicken, rice, bubble tea, coffee and part of the kids breakfast.  Then i went on to do dishes and clean my counters and floor while the muffins cooled. Oh wait let me add I made 2 pepperoni rolls for my parents. Then after the kitchen was semi clean and the muffins cooled, i melted chocolate and drizzled it over top of the muffins, let it harden and packed it up for jerry to take to work... And now it is 11:58 pm and I am just sitting down. Well actually I am laying in bed typing this. I feel guilty I havent blogged in a while and I dont want you guys to lose interest in my site.

Look forward to a massive update of recipes in the next few days. I will be adding much much more! Until then....

3 comments:

  1. You're insane and quite frankly, I love it! I like reading this blog thing you're doing, it's interesting.

    I've never made iced coffee at home, how does one do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just make a pot of coffee..... put cream and sugar in it.. then stick it in the fridge.. or if i cant wait.. which is usually everytime.. i just throw a ton of ice in it and cool it off.. its the best thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm going to try this one day soon.

    I'm going to go and check out that store too!

    ReplyDelete