Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 1 of No spend July! $56.97 spent

Day 1 of No spending!!!
Today we started off the month good! We went to a birthday party this afternoon but instead of giving gifts they chose to do a book exchange. It was a really good idea! We played outside and my daughter decided to face dive into the baby pool. No problem there! Pretty used to it. My kids LOVED the sand box so that was pretty nice they were busy as I chatted... Thats what moms do right??

I stopped by starbucks and got coffee... but i didnt spend money! We used a gift card!
We did stop by the farmers market by my husbands work to pick up stuff for the party saturday.
We bought $10.97 worth of veggies and fruits.

My husband needed gas in his car. He was literally on Empty!!!
That cost $46.00
Today we spent $56.97
Our budget is $250 for the month! And i still need to buy a few things for the party!  
Usually i go all out for parties and spend a CRAPload of money on food and drinks.
But this time im doing a simple Taco Bar theme.


This is what i have to work with this month....

Our deep freezer... Yah i know my daughters bday was in may... and we still have the cake... whatever! We dont eat many sweets.. so please come get this and take it home!



The door to our fridge... we broke the bar that goes across because i like to put whole gallons of milk on it lol

The pantry... TONS of food in here!

My fridge!!!!!!!!!! See that bottle of wine on the top... thats what will get me through this month! The big hunk of meat is for the cookout... making carnitas! WOOHOO! but we will only use 1/2 of it so we have the rest to cook this month some time! Im a HUGE fruit fan. Thats why you see tons of grapes, blackberries and blueberries... The steaks next to the milk were last nights dinner. YUMMO!!  Eggs will be gone by monday.. my husband and kids are like vulchers when it comes to eggs!

So the first day isnt bad!
We spent $56.97 but my husband wont need gas again until 2 weeks or so. (i hope)

  I should probly include my alcohol closet..... As you can see we dont drink much... or else this would be alot smaller of a collection. The boxes on the bottom are all wine that i have made in the past! Time to start cracking those bottles open!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've got a ton of booze first off, but with two kids, I would too!

    I'm excited to keep up with you on this, hey, maybe I'll try it in August, who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do! Theres nothing wrong with having a well stocked liquor closet lol.

    ReplyDelete