Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 5 -$21.13

Day 5! Already! ha ha.. really its going by slowly!
Today i cleaned the pantry so i can take a pic to show everyone. So every week starting on Monday i will post an updated picture of our food stash lol. Here is today's pictures!

The wine is still on the top shelf! We should start a bet on what week i will drink it?
Notice the black duct tape on the veggie drawer?  Jerry "fixed" it for me lol


Still alot of food in here!



This ice cream cake will be here for ever!
I begged my friend Jessica to take it home but she refused!



For dinner tonight we found steaks in the freezer. I had a piece of filet and Jerry had a ribeye.
I made a cucumber salad. Growing up my parents would make a cucumber salad with tomatoes and mayo and vinegar, salt, pepper and sometimes sour cream. It is so fattening but SOOO good.
Tonight I decided to make it a bit healthier.


Tomatoes, cucumbers, salt, pepper, olive oil, malt vinegar.
I ended up putting my cucumber salad over lettuce. It was really good!




My son is addicted to starches. These are the noodles i made for the kids.
Very simple... Egg noodles, Parmesan cheese and a little olive oil.




And because we have 4 containers of yogurt to use up this month ... we made smoothies!
Vanilla Yogurt, Strawberries, Peaches, and juice. I found a Harvest Peach Juice at the store and it goes really well with peach smoothies.


Tonight I went to the store to buy Milk, hamburger buns, carrots, eggs, tomato sauce, and cheese.
We have left over pulled pork from the weekend and i want to use it up. I bought buns and will add BBQ sauce to the pork and make sandwiches for tomorrow. I have left over seasoned hamburger meat that I am planning on making lasagna with. All I needed was tomato sauce and cheese. Tomorrows meals are already put together.  I also have chicken thawed. I plan on throwing it in the crock pot with some veggies and homemade chicken stock to make Chicken and Dumplings for Wednesday Night.

Not bad.. so far we have spent
$126.90 for the month and that includes throwing a party!!!
We have $123.10 left for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment