Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 22, 23 and 24

Weekends are tough for me to keep up with this blog! Between the list of never ending chores, and the kids I find time in the evenings to write. Unless we have nights like last night. My kids hate going to bed. They think they will miss something exciting. After sitting in their room for 45 minutes they finally were both asleep. Then I was so tired I didnt want to do anything anyways! Oh and we started a netflix subscription... so that doesn't help with my laziness.

I don't really cook much on the weekends. Between chores, and quick meals for the kids I don't have the time I used to. On Thursday night my dad took the kids and I out to dinner at my FAVORITE Italian place.. Buca Di Beppo!  And Saturday he took the kids and I to a festival, so we ate there. And today (Sunday) he called and said to come over around 5 because he was making us a surprise.. Surprises can go either way. They can be Excellent food, home cooking, comfort food. OR it could be like my grandma who thinks that you can substitute Lettuce for fruit cocktail when you make Jello! My dad comes up with different foods, mostly good. So we went over in caution. We knew if it wasn't something edible I would just make the kids pasta or we would scoot out early and come home and eat before the kids were super cranky. Lucky enough he made Pasta with a cream sauce and chicken and carrots for the kids and I, and Pasta and a cream sauce with scallops and shrimp for my husband and himself.  I don't eat seafood so I'm glad he made a different one for us.  It was pretty good, other than my husband thinks it was too salty.

My mom is out of town so my dad is spending lots of time with us. We enjoy his company. I told my mom I expect to receive reimbursement for babysitting him.

Sadly, this is our last week of no spend month. I think we have done pretty well so far. I would make some changes next time. But overall for our first time we have pretty much stayed on budget.

In celebration of our last week I will be cooking and baking ALOT! My husband took pepperoni rolls in two times this past week, along with rice krispies, and something else but my memory isn't helping right now.

This week I will attempt Fudge Skillet Brownies. Granola bars, Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Peppermint Patties, and a few different varieties of Kolachky (kolace, kolacky, kolache)

No comments:

Post a Comment