Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day25, 26 and 27 Pumpkin Cream Chese Muffins

Its day 27!!! We are almost there! Just a few more and I can go grocery shopping! I plan on going alone, and im gonna be gone for HOURS just shopping wisely lol. I definitely learned this month to make a list before I leave, and plan on what I am going to make before I go to the store. We have so much food (had) that we bought and never did anything with! And now that we found it in the back of the cabinet, its not appealing anymore! We have a TON of pasta noodles. Any kind you can think of we probly have!
My freezer is almost empty other than A big Ham that belongs to my parents, and insert to an ice cream machine, and a pork roast. There is frozen raspberries and strawberries also. I had picked them at peak season and froze the left overs after I made jam. We make a lot of smoothies, the fruit comes in handy! And i picked it with my own 2 hands!

I really wanted to post as many recipes as I could this month. As I searched through the recipes I was missing a ton of items. And if I go to the store, I know I will go over the budget. Therefore, I will skip those recipes and make them next month! I did think about possibly just posting recipes with no pictures. But what fun is that???



Today I made Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. I made these around halloween and they were a big hit!
Unfortunately I have no clue where I found this recipe so I can't give that person credit. But if I come across it I will update.




Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

3 cups Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tbsp and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
1 1/4 c vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups pumpkin puree

Filling:
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar


Prepare filling first. In a mixer add cream cheese and powdered sugar and beat until smooth.  The original directions say to roll it into a log and freeze. But i found this to be a pain. My directions are to put into a bowl and set in fridge.

For the muffin batter: Combine flour, spices, salt and naking soda in a bowl. Mix and set aside. In another bowl combine eggs, vegetable oil, sugar and pumpkin puree. Mix until well combined. Add dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer.

Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 muffin pans with paper liners. (i didnt line mine)
Fill each tin half way with batter*. Add a teaspoon of filling.** (its in the fridge!)
Split the remaining batter between the 24 cupcakes and make sure it covers the filling.
Bake 20-25 minutes

*(using an ice cream scoop is the EASIEST way to scoop batter!)
** most people dont have pastry bags in there homes. BUT if you do, this would be easiest to put the filling into the muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment