Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 14 - 4.79

Today we did a little bit of running around. I stopped by Dunkin to get coffee.. Because i look through the junk mail that comes every other day, i found coupons for this month and every Wednesday with the coupon card you get a free iced coffee medium size! So after getting my coffee, we headed to a few towns over to return library books and pick up other books. And we stopped by a food establishment to grab a snack. Because we are members of the YMCA they were running a promotion for members. I didn't want what they were offering because it was fried, they let me upgrade to grilled and all i had to pay was 53 cents! YAY! and on the receipt if i take the survey we get a free sandwich! I love free stuff. Then we ran to Old Navy where i had a gift card and i picked up a few t shirts for the kids. They had 4th of July tshirts for 2.50!!! Plus i had a 10% off coupon. It was a day of savings!!!

After the old navy trip we stopped by Gale's Garden Center. For anyone who has lived in a cave for the last few years, there is a farmers market right in the parking lot.. and it ROCKS!
They have fresh produce, a lot of it is locally grown produce.  We bought organic plums and organic peaches, and seedless cucumbers were 25cents each!!! The Big long seedless ones! We spent $4.79 !!!


One of my favorite things to do with fresh produce is, Cut cucumbers, and tomatoes... put them in a bowl add a little salt, fresh ground pepper and.... Malt Vinegar! YUMMMMO!

I decided if i was ever leaving the USA for good and could never buy products from here again, but i could take one item... it would be Heinz Malt Vinegar! I eat it on salads, pasta, in salad dressings, french fries, pickles, fresh veggies.. Love it!!

My next recipe will be for the Steamed Chocolate Cake that I am making tomorrow for my friends Sarah and Doug. I'm super excited about it.. So stay posted for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment